Our Mission Statement:
The C.O.R.E. Foundation inspires communities to be better stewards of the environment through marine awareness education and hands on coastal programs.
Our vision is that the values and benefits of the marine ecosystems that make up the Caribbean are understood, treasured and preserved by all people and that The C.O.R.E. Foundation has the resources to ensure the continuation of such benefits.
As a member-based organization, we seek to work and collaborate with a diversity of people dedicated to marine stewardship, including: managers, scientists, educators, volunteers and non-government environmental staff members.
We achieve our mission and vision through the pursuit of special projects and activities designed to meet the following goals:
• Ensure the longevity of our marine ecosystems by implementing the Caribbean Lionfish Response Program through long term partnerships with all territories and countries.
• Implement an extensive outreach education and public awareness program that will heighten the understanding of marine ecosystems with under-developed countries as well as developed.
• Improve the practice of marine stewardship by fostering the development, delivery and application of new cutting-edge research programs, specifically designed to preserve underwater environments for future generations.
• Partner with The Caribbean Alliance to form a cohesive marine management and research network for the Caribbean.
• Engage the next generation of marine stewards through education, experiential and professional development opportunities.